Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weather-mania

Today the first site i opened after switching on my lappie was weather.com. Thanks to Mr.K for making me a weather maniac like him! Initially i used to make fun of his obsession for weather. Now it has become more of a daily routine for both of us.

These days our visits to the weather sites are mostly to check when the first snow is gonna hit our place. We both had our share of first snow last year. Mine was in london. It snowed twice while I was there. The first one was kind of a surprise. When i woke up, the whole place was covered with pristine snow. Both the times the snow melted away by the time i came back from work, not giving me enuf time to make my snowman. That pretty much explains my fascination for snow. Mr K's was in chicago and it was a hard one. He used to catch the morning 6:30 AM train to office in the hard cold -20 degree celsius weather. I wonder why snow still excites him! Lets hope he enjoys his first snow shoveling as well.

Some pics of my last years snow posted below. BTW the current temperature here is -3 degree celsius and still waiting for my first snow this year.
Outside our apt in Croydon


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It snowed down here in Raleigh, but not enough to cover the ground.
http://blog.deepakiyer.com/2008/11/it-snowed.html

Good to see you blogging.

Renuka said...

@deepak: i replied for your snow blog. Only after that i saw this comment from u:)

Razigan said...

fantastic..... Gifted to see snowfall like this.........

Good luck this time for your SNOW MAN...........

Anand N said...

mmm... guz u were lucky ... I never saw any snow in Croydon... max I cud see was some frost

Reghu Anguswamy said...

gosh i hate winter, it snowed a little here...thought of writing a blog on how i hate winter, but nah...