Thursday, November 13, 2008

Do i miss work?

Now its almost 6 months since i started my leave. When Kishore got an assignment here, i didnt have any option other than taking an extended leave. I didnt have anything in mind of what i will do at home all day. Moreover the trip came so fast that I didnt get even a second to wander my thoughts in that way.

These days whenever i meet up with or call someone, the usual question to me will be "Dont you get bored? Dont you miss your work?"

Am i getting bored? Sometimes yeah... But there are different ways to fight that. My own ways of fighting boredom are browsing, cooking, reading, watching serials rarely and some ephemeral hobbies like drawing, painting, crafting, aerobics, dancing and ofcourse the recent one - blogging. In the middle of all these do i really miss my work?? Lemme think!!! Definitely I miss going to the office where i can meet people. Nowadays the number of people i meet or talk to daily are less since most of the time i am at home. I miss all those teeny tiny fun and the tensions i used to have at work. I sometimes miss the bday cakes we used to have and i always miss coming back from office with the feeling that "now i can rest after a heavy days work". So i guess i dont miss work as such..but i miss other stuffs that come along with it..

5 comments:

Kishore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cris said...

Tell me about it!!! Its exactly the same for me! I stopped going to an office for 8 months now and I cant stand the absence of all these little things that come with work! Everything about work, except the work itself is quite nice! :-)

Laura Jayne said...

Oh, how I envy you this. I would love to at least see if I would get bored.

Anonymous said...

Hey Renuka, I am visiting your blog for the first time today. And more than other recent posts I liked this one:)

I envy you! All the time...all by yourself :) Cool!

Renuka said...

@cris: good to know that u also feel the same way..

@laura: I think its great to take a break from the work once in a while.

@mevsmysoul: Grt to know that u liked this post.