Thursday, November 20, 2008

License to drive..

Last week was my road test and thank god i came out with flying colors. To be true, this was my second road test. I pathetically failed my first one. But i think i can rationalize my first failure. There was a last minute change of location for my road test and therefore i wasnt familiar with any of the roads and I was a bit tensed. I wasnt as confident as i am now and the instructor asked me to take reverse very fast which i did even after crossing the yellow line ;). Overall outcome: I didnt get the license.

This time it was different. I was beaming with confidence. When the instructor asked me to take the car i started off like a professional which induced a tinge of pride in Mr. K(he was my US driving tutor). I drove carefully following all the signs and rules and within the speed limit. Overall outcome: I got my license.

Back in india i had a license and i used to drive once in a while. My father was my teacher then. We used to go for driving practices early mornings on saturdays and sundays. Most of our trips were to Kovalam. My mom used to accompany us. She was kind of a peacemaker between us, whenever my father got irritated by my driving. Here also Mr. K and I used to go for driving practices during weekends. Initially he was a tad reluctant in giving the car to drive. But after my first failure, he himself forced me to drive the car all the time. Not to mention that he attributes some new born noises in the car to my driving. But i think that is becoz of the normal wear and tear of the car.

Thanks to their support. Now i have got driving license in two countries.

1 comment:

Razigan said...

Happy driving..........

Be sensible and avoid alcohol while driving.......