Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Fav place..

If someone ask me whats my favourite place on earth, i would say Fort William in Scotland. Last year abt the same time i got the opportunity to visit this picturesque place. It was on our trip to explore the highlands of Scotland. It is a town surrounded by lochs and glens. Loch means lake and Glen means valley in Scot. The town of Fort William lies on the shores of Loch Linnhe and is very close to the Ben Nevis which is the highest moutain in the British Isles.

More than its beauty, there was something quite different about this place which attracted me. As a kid, there's one picture which i used to draw always. It had a moutain, a setting sun, a lake, birds flying and boats floating on the lakes. I was so obsessed with this image that i dont know how many times and how many ways i have painted this picture. It never ocurred to me that such an image would actually exist. That may be why i was awed when I had this breathtaking view from the high streets of Fort William. I am not sure of how long I stood there gazing in the freezing cold.

I dont think my camera has done justice to this fantabulous place..

No comments: