Thursday, November 6, 2008

A bitter experience - Part One

In my previous blog i have mentioned about my experiences in UK. Reading that, one of my friends suggested to me that i should write in detail about those.. So here is one...a bitter one though.

The story is set in Croydon,UK and the time frame of the story is 2 weeks after i landed.I had great difficulty in getting an acco there..After my frantic searches i got one which i shared with 3 other indian roommates.I started enjoying the place since my acco problems were all sorted out.

After nearly 3 weeks of stay we got a call from our landlord saying he wants us to vaccate the place since he fears that the smell from our kitchen(indian foods smell) will stick to the carpets in the room and will destroy that. Not to mention that our landlord himself is an asian. We were astonished by his behaviour and asked him for one month time to get a new apt.But his reply was kinda of warning which conveyed the message that if we did not leave the apt in 1 week, we would end up paying twice the rent for each day we were staying...

So our next search for the apts began and luckily we were able to get one nearby. We liked the new place even though it was a bit old and more over we were pressed for time. So the moving out date was decided and conveyed to the landlord. We made the apt impeccably clean since we had our intial deposit money entirely under our landlord's mercy and the amount at stake was 1000 GBP.. (1000 * 85 = 85000 Rs)..No wonder I cleaned the apt like i never did before,not even my home..

3 comments:

Kishore said...

Waiting for part 2...

Razigan said...

Having some free time now and I'm freaking into some of your Old posts.

If part II is not following, then why is Part I stated?

Sometimes, readers can be critical. U need to be responsible while writing....... ha ha

I wonder "Is it a bitter experience at all" or is it not written so bitter? or bitter for u is not bitter for me....... bitterly confused on the bitter experience.......

Unknown said...

I object to "not even home", because you have never cleaned your home in your lifetime so far.