Monday, December 1, 2008

Pianist in me..

Don't you think the title is somewhat misleading. Yes totally!! I dont know to play piano. But i have a strong desire to learn how to play this exquisite musical instrument. I know bits and pieces of violin. After studying violin for a little more than 2 years shouldnt i know more than that. I used to but now its almost 3 or 4 years since i have played my violin.

Coming back to piano... Lately i happened to hear a song or to be more precise Mr. K introduced me to this song which rekindled my passion for this musical instrument. It is titled "She is always a women to me" by the artist Billy Joel. I fell in love with this song the first time I heard it. The music is awesome and so are the lyrics. I am not a lyrics-centric person. What facinates me is the "A majors" and "B minors" of the song. This one i happened to hear the "sing along" version in youtube and the lyrics kind of impressed me. Its a love song. But what makes this one different is that unlike the usual ones which is right from the heart, this one is so true and blatant, right from the brain. I am posting the video below. It is one of Mr. K's favourites as well.


Feel free to comment on how you felt about this song..

4 comments:

Razigan said...

Ok...... Renuka is so romantic......

However, Violin is also a great instrument to invoke the deepest senses, if played correctly. I have a bad habit of giving the credit to the composers than the instrument.

Unknown said...

Wonderful!!!

Reghu Anguswamy said...

violin???

Renuka said...

@razigan: Thanks for your comments. Violin is indeed a grt instrument.

@ranjini:Thanks..

@reghu: yeah..Violin..U didnt know that??will play for u the next time we meet...