Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas is all around me..

"I feel it in my fingers,
I feel it in my toes,
Christmas is all around me,

And so the feeling grows"

What do you like most about christmas? For me, its the christmas tree. I have a great liking for christmas trees. You can attribute this fascination to my growing up in India. There, christmas trees were not among the must have items for christmas. Christmas stars and cribs have snatched the number one positions. Moreover, evergreen trees are rare in our part.

We used to have flower arrangement competitions in school during Onam (a festival of Kerala). But never ever we had a christmas tree decoration contest at the time of christmas. Now i wonder, being a convent school, why they didnt have that! That would have been fun. I would have loved to participate. The story was almost the same at work place.

This year, by sheer luck, i got the opportunity to decorate our friend's christmas tree. I was very excited, i revelled in adorning the tree with the gleaming ornaments and the tinkling bells.

It was one of a glittering moment for me. Some of the snaps below.



I digress. See the weather forecast for our place tommorrow.

Waiting for a chilly friday and hoping to have a white christmas.

xoxo,
Yours truly

2 comments:

Razigan said...

Nicely adorned.........


However, How do u manage to be in this kind of chillness?

Atleast Kerala might take million years to see snow fall like this?

Jyoti said...

Gr8 pics. I must applaud you for fantastically decorating the christmas tree.
Here in Delhi it is quite cold but isn't chilly yet ;-) Enjoy!