Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Da Vinci code re-visited


My "once lost" reader instinct pushed me to take the DVD from the library last week. I was thrilled to watch it again. Dan Brown is one of my fav authors and this is one of my favourite books.

In fact, i didnt quite like the movie the first time. It was the first movie i watched, adapted from a novel i have read. I was so familiar with the book that my waiting of the subsequent scene from the book was greeted by some other scenes. I know it is difficult to wad all the scenes in the book into a two and a half hour movie. My expectations were rather high i suppose. It wasnt very exhillarating to watch the movie, with the unveiled plot, all the cracked codes and clues lying infront of me.

But still, i opted to watch it a second time. The book did make a significant mark on me.

To be frank, i really enjoyed the movie this time around. I lived over the thrilling adventurous tryst i had with the book two years back. I had almost forgotten the plot. As you know, for a person who hasnt read the book, the movie is like solving a jigsaw puzzle of an unknown image. But for me, I had the "once read but forgotten" advantage. Each scene in the movie made me recollect and connect with other events in the book and everything fell into place. On the whole, it was indeed a great experience. I am eagerly waiting for the movie adaptation of his other novel "Angels and demons" which is due for release next year.

4 comments:

Reghu Anguswamy said...

five parts of the documentary below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYZtMwIPb4c

Razigan said...

Haven't read da vinci code yet. Will be soon.....

rAmEsH said...

wasnt Mr K the inspiration for you to see the movie??

Renuka said...

@reghu: will watch that..thanks for the link..

@razigan: its a must read books...grab one and read...

@ramesh: nope..:D