Tuesday, December 30, 2008

NY Christmas..

I am back to the blogging world after the holiday season. I hope everyone had a wonderful christmas. I had a lovely one with friends, food and travel.

We had an unplanned last minute trip to New York over the weekend. Got our new camera just before christmas to take some pretty good snaps. Though this was my second and Mr. K's third trip to NY, christmas fever has adorned the city and has given it a pretty different look.

The only thing in common was the crowd. We revelled in joining them to explore this most beautiful city in the world.

Walking through the buzzing streets hand in hand, exploring the upscale shops, we reached our main reason behind our trip, the 90 feet tall christmas tree infront of the Rockefeller center..

The top of the tree was embellished with the Swaroski crystal star.

The mammoth Rockefeller building has subdued the christmas tree in this picture..

The ice rink infront of the Rockefeller center. The fear of falling down prevented us from getting a hang of ice skating..
Another attraction was the dancing snowflakes infront of Saks and company building.
We actually forgot to take a video of the light show. But I managed to dig one from youtube that I am uploading below. The music is very sweet and lingers for long..

That was pretty much the day one of our trip. The day ended with the dinner at a steak house near the Times square. I had to be content with the salad as the steak was barely cooked.

I will be back with more of our day two adventures and photos.

3 comments:

Razigan said...

Thanks for photographs. They r really nice.

But I won't agree, NY as the most beautiful city.

There is no city beautiful than my home town..... :)

Cloudia said...

OOOOOO
AHHHHH
Pretty!
Aloha & Best Wishes to YOU

Renuka said...

@Razigan: Thanks..
@Cloudia: Good to know that u liked the post.